Top 5 best charcoal grill smoker combo Reviews, Tips, and Guides in 2022
Choosing the best charcoal grill smoker combo is not easy. There are many options out there, and it can be hard to find one that fits your needs.
In order to find the best charcoal grill smoker combo, it is important to know what you are looking for and how much money you want to spend. If you need a quality grill and smoker that will last for many years, there are some great options on the market today. However, if you just plan on using your grill occasionally or every other year, then there may be more affordable option available with less features.
A good way of finding the right model for your needs is by reading reviews from those who have already bought one. These reviews can help give potential buyers an idea of which brands might suit them better as well as provide insight into any problems they should expect when purchasing their new product. With this information in hand, it becomes easier.
A charcoal grill smoker combo is a must for any outdoor cooking enthusiast who wants to cook with the best. A best charcoal grill smoker combo will allow you to smoke food and also use a grill at the same time, which saves a lot of space in your yard or patio. The best way to do this is to use a smoker combo with both gas and charcoal cooking areas.
You will find tips for choosing between gas or charcoal grills as well as smoker combos with smokers and grill racks. In addition, we will give you suggestions on what type of food is best cooked using these types of grills so that your guests leave full and happy!
Table of Contents
Top 5 Best Charcoal Grill Smoker Combo For The Money
If you’re looking for a top-of-the-line charcoal grill smoker combo, look no further than the Best Charcoal Grill Smoker Combo For The Money. This incredible product offers all the features you need to make the perfect meal every time. With its spacious cooking area and high-quality construction, the Best Charcoal Grill Smoker Combo For The Money is sure to become your go-to choice for outdoor cooking.
1. Camp Chef 24 in. WIFI Woodwind Pellet Grill & Smoker with Sidekick (PG14) – WIFI & Bluetooth Connectivity
The list of best charcoal grill smoker combo start with Camp Chef 24 in. WIFI Woodwind.
The Woodwind has a cooking surface designed for maximum flexibility and can easily create batches as small or big as you want. Cover the entire grill with mesquite wood chips to set up a stall-free smoking experience, use the WIFI enabled controller to dial in your perfect temperature from anywhere up to 180 feet away. And always have options when it comes to what you’re grilling with innovative accessories like pizza stone, hardwood pellet tray, and sear box that turns any dish into an instant masterpiece. It doesn’t matter if you need 100 square inches of hot space or 1472 – this grill does everything with ease.
With three, dual-adjustable stainless steel cooking grids, you can cook just about anything all at once—have your choice of sausages or burgers with fries! With our inbuilt thermometer in the hood, you can monitor your food without needing to open up that heavy lid to check for doneness. We even included a feature keen grilling enthusiasts have been after since backyard barbecues became popular: high direct-heat sear station where you can create perfectly crisp crusts on steaks or sizzling chicken thighs.
The Woodwind is the newest addition to Camp Chef’s ever-expanding line of grills. The grill features a PID controller, an innovative temperature probe, and WIFI connectivity for easy monitoring with apps on your phone or tablet. It also comes equipped with two cooking brackets that can be mounted either vertically or horizontally to suit your needs right in the middle of all the action!
If you plan to buy best charcoal grill smoker combo, you should consider this model as your final choice.
– Be a BBQ pro with our easy to use system that’s designed for you.
– You can smoke, grill, and cook with the same unit.
– The ash clean out system allows you to dump the ash after every cook.
– Easy to use PID controller for consistent temperatures.
– Full color screen controller with Camp Chef Connect App compatibility.
– Smart Smoke Technology ensures the perfect temperature every time.
– Save time and energy with the automatic temperature control.
– The pellets are stored in a hopper that can be removed for easy access to different flavors of food
– The sliding grill and smoke plate inside that is controlled by an exterior pull.
– You can monitor grill temperature and how much pellets are left in the hopper.
-The smoker was easy to assemble
-Sometimes the app doesn’t work on our android phones.
2. PIT BOSS 700FB Pellet Grill, 700 sq. in
PIT BOSS 700FB Pellet Grill is considered as one of the best charcoal grill smoker combo that you add to your choice.
The powerful 700FB Pit Boss Pellet Grill from Pit Boss Grills features an electric ignition and fan-forced air to deliver a clear burning flame, which will light every time. It also has cooking modes for two different heating temperatures with convection heat to keep your food moist. .
An innovative grilling system that operates as a smoker, heats quickly and evenly, and offers true convection heat. The design allows you to cook by both direct and indirect methods for added flavor. And the glass-reinforced nylon hopper can hold up to a whopping 18 pounds of pellets or woodchips which will last up to 3 hours on one fill.
Combining superior engineering with the industry’s best pellet grill BOSS produced another stellar electric powered grill. You’ll love cooking everything on this cooker, from bacon to briskets for your BBQ party.
Let’s find out what great features this product has make it in the list of the best charcoal grill smoker combo.
– Easy to use digital controls.
– Cooks evenly and cleanly.
– Cleaner burning than traditional gas or charcoal grills.
– Cook like a pro with 8 cooking styles and digital control board.
– Perfect for a group of four to six people.
– Cook like a pro with the digital control board and standard flame broiler.
– The temperature control for this grill has an approximation, because the pellets are fed into it on a timed cycle.
– This grill is easy to use and can cook a variety of foods.
– The temperatures be set at on target and the food cooks evenly
– There are many different advantages of a grill, such as searing and the ability to control smoke level.
– The temperature can drop if you open it too many times during cooking.
– This grill would not be big enough, but it has worked out well for our family.
3. Char-Griller 1624 Smokin’ Champ Charcoal Grill Horizontal Smoker
Getting ready for summer days full of great outdoor cooking? Get the Char-Griller Smokin’ Champ Charcoal Grill Horizontal Smoker. This versatile smoker is equipped with a vast array of features to help you produce mouthwatering results every time. The heavy duty steel construction stands up to regular use and provides stability once the unit is assembled, even on uneven ground or slopes with as little as 10° incline. Also included are a set of adjustable outriggers that give you the flexibility you need when setting it up from indoors with no fear of tipping later on. Worried too many rib eyes will spoil your appetite at one sitting? No problem with this bubbling barbecue hot spot! There’s plenty of room for storage under. This unit provides an excellent, easy-to-use smoker experience with features like triple side water trays for uneven cooking. It also comes with a gas assist starter system, two chrome plated cooking racks and three charcoal grates.
A powerful black charcoal grill with features like 304 grade stainless steel construction, three adjustable chrome plated cooking grates, and more than 2 square feet of capacity to cook virtually anything on your list. This grill includes all the essentials you may need for outdoor entertaining including porcelain enameled birdbath safety covers, two 10″ casters for mobility, convenient mesh side shelves that fold up when not in use, dual push button ignition system for easy startup.
Char-Griller 1624 Smokin’ Champ Charcoal Grill can be the best charcoal grill smoker combo that you should buy for your needs.
– The perfect cooking surface for all your favorite recipes.
– Keeps food warm and ready to serve.
– Eliminate the constant hassle of ashes and coal.
– You’ll never have to worry about burnt or overcooked food again.
– Easily control temperature for perfect cooking results.
– Keeps food from sticking to the pan.
– Saves you time and energy in the kitchen so you can spend more time with your family.
– Flipping the charcoal grate for a smoker can make heat more uniform
– The Firebox grill is the perfect size and the hangers make it easy to clean.
– This grill is assembled easily without any trouble.
– Using both lump charcoal and wood chunks to keep the heat stable without much smoke loss
– The steel in the firebox and smoke chamber needs to be sealed.
If the examples above haven’t convinced everyone, we have a few models of the best charcoal grill smoker combo below, please find out carefully to see which type is right for your needs and pocket.
4. Traeger Grills Pro Series 575 Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker
If you are beginner, you may want to buy this model as your final choice. Traeger Pro Series 575 is one of the best charcoal grill smoker combo.
Traeger Pro Series 575 Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker. is unlike any pellet grill ever introduced. You can control it from your phone, you don’t have to pay those high gas costs, and it has a D2 drivetrain that kicks up the heat and cooks food faster than ever before.
Grab this grill and make something other than burnt ends; spend less time tending your fire and more time making amazing food! It’s got touch screen functionality that makes changing settings ultra-easy, plus an electronic igniter that lights any stubborn grease sticks on fire in seconds. With just one button push, delicious BBQ is yours for the taking every single day. The ventilation system effectively removes smoke so no need to smell like chipotle chicken all night long – tasty food tasty life.
New Wi-Fi technology simplifies setup and makes upgrades easier than ever before with no smartphone required. Simply plug in the USB cable from the base camp of your grill power station into any Wi-Fi network with Internet connections, log on using a web browser or via an app on iOS or Android devices, and unleash your Traeger Pro anywhere.
Traeger Grills Pro Series 575 may be one of the best charcoal grill smoker combo that you should add to your choice.
– The grill is easy to use and maintain.
– The Traeger Pro 575 is a versatile grill that can do it all.
– Cook on your schedule, not the weather’s.
– It’s perfect for family cooking, and has the space to accommodate large groups.
– Cook like a pro with the best pellet grill on the market.
– You’ll be able to cook your best dish or impress your friends with this amazing grill.
– A grill/smoker will maintain a steady temperature and alarm you when your meat has reached the desired level of doneness.
– The grill has plenty of space for a small family and can handle anything.
– You can program a smoker to do complex cooks
– This grill is easy to use and produces great flavor
– This grill is quite heavy and the handle on both ends make it easier to carry.
– A Pro Series 575’s steel drip tray leads grease to a channel and not the spout for easy cleaning.
5. Royal Gourmet CC1830SC Charcoal Grill Offset Smoker with Cover, 801 Square Inches
The next name we listed on the list of the best charcoal grill smoker combo, surely no stranger to those who love to cook. That is Royal Gourmet CC1830SC Charcoal Grill.
Royal Gourmet CC1830SC Charcoal Grill Offset Smoker is designed to make the time of prepping and cooking more enjoyable. This smoker has a wide area for grilling; For all of you who love smoked meat, this grill immerses food in an aromatic smoke for up to 14 hours before it’s ready-to find your perfect dish! One need only adjust the dampers at the top to increase or minimize airflow.
Constructed for the long haul and made of heavy gauge steel, you’ll find this grill is a big mouthful. This charcoal offset smoker has an auger that’s designed to stay cool and even, which means better performance and fuel efficiency. It includes a 12″ x 18″ warming rack where vegetables or other side dishes can rest while the meat’s roasting away in BBQ bliss. The Royal Gourmet CC1830SC Charcoal Offset Smoker Grill also features wheels on one end for easy moving around your lawn or deck. Offset Smoker is a spacious device that can be used as a grill or smoker. It has a cooking space of 600 square inches which is the largest in this category. With its two side grates and front drawer, it’s easy to reach your food without losing heat from beneath the cooking surface, unlike competitive products on the market. The offset features make it easy for smoke to pass through product without burning off all flavor.
This is a product that is loved by many users so it’s no wonder it’s in top of best charcoal grill smoker combo.
– Easy to use and easy to clean.
– Great for cooking anything from a steak to a whole chicken.
– The 801 Square Inches Grill is perfect for cooking large quantities of meat.
– Provides ample space for grilling tools and seasonings.
– With the offset smoker, you can grill and smoke at the same time.
– Allows you to control the heat better.
– You’ll be able to cook all your favorite recipes without having to worry about running out of space or coal.
– The smoker has excellent control over the temperature.
– This grill is easy to assemble, clean, and also has an offside area for charcoal or wood.
– This smoker is good for beginners and easy to use once it’s set up.
– The temperature was fairly consistent and the pulled pork turned out well.
– Some parts have thin metal but it works well
– This grill is quite difficult to assemble because they do not provide labels for the pieces.
Buying guide on the best charcoal grill smoker combo
What are the different types of grills and smokers?
There are four basic types of grills and smokers: gas, charcoal, electric, and wood. The type you choose depends on how much money you’re willing to spend, the environment in which you like to cook (indoors or outdoors), and what kind of food you like to make (seared steaks, slow-smoked brisket, etc.).
A grill uses direct heat—that’s the flames directly below the food—to cook food. You can also use indirect heat (heat that’s not as intense) by placing the coals on one side of the grill; this will create an oven effect. Grilling isn’t necessarily fast, but it does create great charring and smoky flavors.
A wood- or charcoal-burning device that slowly cooks food with indirect heat, typically at a temperature of about 225°F. It’s an effective cooking method for foods that have a high fat content—like ribs or brisket—as the low temperatures ensure they won’t dry out during cooking. One of the benefits of smoking food is that you can do it all day without having to tend to it too often. Besides being easier on the cook, it also allows the smoke flavor more time to penetrate into the meat since there’s less stress from opening and closing the grill lid over and over again.
For cooking to be a great experience, everyone should choose one of the best charcoal grill smoker combo for themselves.
How to choose a grill and smoker combo that best suits your needs
Matching of cooker types: We recommend choosing the same type of cooker for both components (grill and smoker). This ensures that elements that are vital for proper function are shared between the two. For example, the heat source should be charcoal in both cases. Another benefit of this is that it reduces the number of spare parts you need to keep in storage/on-hand. You can always buy additional parts if needed or switch them out when broken.
Cooking space: It’s important to consider the size difference between your grill and smoker so that each component has an adequate amount of cooking space. If the space is too small, then you run the risk of your meat/foods drying out and overcooking. The size difference can be significant if you’ll cook for several people or only cook occasionally.
Main fuel: Once again it’s important to match the components in terms of main fuel. There are several options including propane, natural gas, charcoal briquettes and wood. Different types of smokers use different fuels so make sure to get one that’s compatible with your chosen cooker type.
Price: We would recommend choosing a cost-effective smoker and grill combo so there aren’t any additional costs associated with buying separate units. This way you save money on both your overall purchase price and future maintenance costs (required repairs). You also won’t lose out on features such as cooktops, side burners and rotisserie.
Everyone should carefully review the information above to be able to choose one of the best charcoal grill smoker combo for themselves.
What Are The Components Of Charcoal Grill Smoker Combo?
Most of us love spending time outdoors, especially during summertime. There’s nothing like grilling some meat or vegetables and enjoying a delicious meal with family and friends. But in order to have a great grilling experience, you need to have the right equipment. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the components of charcoal grill smoker combo, so you can make sure you have everything you need for your next cookout.
– Charcoal grate: This is where you’ll place your charcoal when you’re ready to start grilling. Make sure to choose a grate that’s made of durable material like steel or cast iron.
– Firebox: The firebox is where you’ll build your fire. It’s important to choose a firebox that’s the right size for your grill so that you can control the amount of heat that’s generated.
– Smoker box: The smoker box is where you’ll place your wood chips or pellets. This will generate smoke that will flavor your food as it cooks.
– Thermometer: A thermometer is essential for making sure your food is cooked to the perfect temperature. Choose a digital thermometer for the most accurate readings.
– Grilling tools: You’ll need a set of grilling tools like tongs, a spatula, and a basting brush. Make sure to choose tools that are made of durable material like stainless steel so they’ll last long.
Now that you know the components of charcoal grill smoker combo, you’re one step closer to having the perfect cookout. Just add some food and drinks, and you’re all set!
The benefits of using charcoal over propane for cooking
The main benefit of using charcoal is that it gives you more flexibility. If your propane gas tank runs out, you are left with an awkward fire and food that needs to be cooked soon lest it spoil under the hot sun . One bag of charcoal gets many, many meals worth of heat.
There are some other benefits too: Charcoal leaves less residue on the bottom of your pot than propane does; Charcoal can also be used in combination with propane (so you never run out unless both tanks run dry); You don’t need to carry chemicals that will affect the taste of your water if you want to stop for lunch. Finally, if you have a large group, you’ll need less firewood/charcoal to cook for everyone than if you had used propane.
The main benefit of using propane is that it’s clean and easy to use; You don’t need to carry fuel or make sure the charcoal is burning well; There are no restrictions on where you can go if your UTE allows it . Most people won’t realize this one but hear me out: If you’re travelling with your pets, they will probably hate having to be around a smoky campsite or campfire.
That said, there are some downsides: If your neighbor isn’t considerate and doesn’t extinguish their fire, you will have to deal with smoke in your camp. If someone cooks something in a closed container on the campfire, you’ll get that next-day taste of burnt food in your water.
With the wonders of the best charcoal grill smoker combo is sure everyone’s cooking will become easier than ever.
How to choose between gas, electric, and charcoal grills
From the outdoor cooking perspective, gas grills are popular because they use a pressurized propane fuel source to cook. Most of these grills require little cleaning and maintenance, but typically produce less smoke than charcoal grills. Charcoal grills operate by burning natural lump charcoal (or briquettes made from compressed hardwood) that give food that traditional wood-fired flavor. These types of grills need occasional refilling with fresh charcoal or replacement of old briquettes – plus there is the need to dispose of ashes after each use; still, the taste imparted makes for some delicious food! Finally, there are electric grills which heat up like hibachis using electricity as their power source. Although these man-made cooking surfaces can produce good food, they are not meant for large groups of people.
If you already have a gas or charcoal grill and would like to try out an electric grill, be sure to bring along some juicy meat to cook as the man-made surface does not yet produce those savory flavors. Also remember that all grills require seasoning before first use so check the owner’s manual for instructions.
Keep reading to discover the best charcoal grill smoker combo…
Pros and cons of each type of grill
There are a few different types of grills out there, and I’m going to go over each one briefly. There are pros and cons to each grill type.
Gas grills: Pros – Easy to start with a push-button ignition system, no lighter fluid needed. Cons – Needs propane gas tanks hooked up that can be dangerous if exposed to open flame or sparks from other sources such as the burner igniting when lighting it.
Electric grills: Pros- Can use them anywhere since they’re electric-powered, needs no gas tanks. Cons- Have to somewhat stay close by while using them because you need an outlet within reasonable distance for the electric cord.
Charcoal barbeque grills: Pros- Uses plain old charcoal briquettes, easy to start with charcoal lighter fluid-soaked cloth. Cons- Coals can get dangerously hot if exposed to open flame or sparks from other sources.
Charcoal ‘smoker’ grills: Pros- Smoke wood chips either in an aluminum pan on the grill grate, or in a separate smoker box so you can easily regulate the amount of smoke flavor being added. Cons- Can be dangerous if exposed to open flame or sparks from other sources.
Reviews of pellet smokers: You’ll find that all pellet smokers are pretty much built similarly and have features in common. They’re great for smoking large amounts of food, especially when cooking for more than 4 people at one time because it’s not necessary to cook the meat through since the pellet smoker uses a motorized auger that pushes the pellets into the firepot to be burned. There’s also a thermostat inside the pellet smoker plus it has an electronic auto-ignition system using a digital thermometer probe for accurate meat and barbecue temperatures.
Hopefully through this article everyone will choose one of the best charcoal grill smoker combo.
Tips for how to use your new best charcoal grill smoker combo
After bringing the grill home, clean it thoroughly. Remove any stickers or other material that may have been used to hold parts in place while shipping.
Season your new outdoor grill by cleaning and wiping with cooking oil. This will prevent food from sticking to the surface of the grill grates while sealing in flavor. Use tongs to handle the grate while applying oil, be careful not to scratch or damage the bars of your cooking grate. You should also take this time to rub-down the outside of your grill while it’s still warm. This will help give you a good “season” on your cook box which will make future cleaning much easier!
Inspect your grill grates and replace damaged or warped parts before cooking on your new grill for the first time. If any of these parts are warped, replace them immediately in order to prevent accidents and ensure that the lid closes properly.
Keep your grill grates clean by scrubbing them with a wire brush after each use. Food particles from the previous cooking session will build up over time if left on the surface of the cooking grate, so it’s important to keep this part of your outdoor grill fresh and sanitary for every meal you cook! Any burnt food bits that have not fallen off during cooking should be scrubbed off with a stainless-steel bristle brush using warm, soapy water. It is also a good idea to wipe down any other parts that may have been splattered with food or grease during the last session, such as the lid handles and vents.
FAQs about the best charcoal grill smoker combo
What is the best BBQ smoker combo?
– A gas grill with an offset smoker is easy-to be used and convenient because it has many features that make cooking easier such as a grease disposal system which will keep food clean without having dirty dishes every time something sticks!
– Another option worth considering is vertical water smokers like this one enabling people enjoy smoked foods while keeping heat off their workspace at all times enhancing worker productivity.
– An electric pellet smoker should be able to cook food quickly and provide you with easy cleanup.
What type of meat do you most often grill?
You can to love to grill chicken or steak. Pork chops are also good when they’re cooked all the way through and don’t have too much fat so that it can get hard before grilling them more!
Do you prefer electric or non-electric smokers?
-Electric smokers are more efficient and require less time, but they’re also a lot easier to use.
-Non-electric models offer the traditional smoking experience without any hassle or cost associated with maintaining an electric smoker!
How do you use a smoker combo on a charcoal grill?
– Use the smoker combo as an indirect cooking method.
– Use the smoke box with wood chips for flavoring.
– Add your favorite wood chips to the fire.
– Place smoke stack in opening of lid and place an aluminum pan with water on top of it.
– Add more charcoal and increase heat when smoking to maintain desired temperature.
What features do you like in a best charcoal grill smoker combo?
The exterior of this kitchen is durable and easy to use. It also features plenty of space for cooking, which can be done with less hassle than before due on its beautiful design!
Hopefully through this article everyone will choose one of the best charcoal grill smoker combo.
Can a smoker grill also be used as an oven?
Can a smoker grill also be used as an oven depends on what kind of smoker and how it is designed. A side-box type with built in water pan can often acts as both a smoker and oven unit. Many people prefer to use them as smokers because they tend to produce more smoke than their bullet shaped brethren but there really isn’t much difference between them once you get used to using your barbecue as a smoker. Most units will do double duty for those who learn to adjust the cooking time accordingly depending on what you’re cooking at any given time, but you’ll have to experiment with your smoker to determine what works best.
How do I use a charcoal grill as a smoker?
How do I use a charcoal grill as a smoker is also a popular question that people ask because smoking food can often be intimidating if you’re new to this type of cooking. The important thing to remember about how to smoke on a barbecue is that there really isn’t one right way or wrong way, but everyone has their own techniques and methods for doing it. In general, using the indirect method will yield the best results because gas barbecues tend to get too hot from direct heat when used as smokers. However, you’ll need enough space in front of the main burner so that you can raise or lower the temperature as needed. Some people like to use the “minion” method of adding unlit charcoal on top of lit coals to maintain a constant cooking temperature over several hours, but you’ll need to experiment with your barbecue’s grilling area dimensions before trying this technique.
>>> See more: How to Use a Smoker Grill
Whether you want to use a charcoal grill smoker combo or not, it’s important that you take your time and make the right decision. A good option is one of our best charcoal grill smoker combo choices above because they are all excellent products for different purposes. To help make your final decision easier, take a moment to browse through each product’s features and specifications listed below so you can get an idea of what they offer.
If you’re looking for a new way to cook up your favorite meals, then it’s time to consider the best charcoal grill smoker combo. Whether you want something small and portable or capable of cooking an entire dinner, we’ve found some options that will be perfect for any occasion. After weighing the pros and cons of each, we give you some best charcoal grills smoker combo. It comes with an impressive list of features that make cooking your favorite foods easier than ever before. We think this will be a great addition to any backyard cookout! Have you made your final decision yet? If not, take another look at some of these top grills above and see if one speaks to you more than others on this list. You should consider one of them as your final choice in order to get started with smoke good food today.
You may like this: Top 6 best flat top grills