Nexgrill and Char Broil, two popular grills on the market, both provide an unmatched flavor. One difference between them however is how long it takes to cook a steak; Nexgrill providing faster cooking time than Char Broil.
Which grill should you buy? A Char Broil or a Nexgrill. The answer is not as easy as it seems. Both grills have their advantages and disadvantages, but there are some key differences between the two that you should know about before making your decision.
While both Char Broil and Nexgrill grills are quality grilling brands, they each offer different features that make them the best grill for you. The goal of this article is to help you find a grill that best matches your needs and desires. It will also explore the pros and cons for each grill type so that you can make an informed decision before committing to one brand or another.
Table of Contents
What is Nexgrill?
Nexgrill is a grill brand that produces high end stainless steel propane powered grills. They are mainly sold in large retail outlets like Lowes and Home Depot, though they can also be found at other retailers like Walmart. They boast of their “Sure Fire” ignition system, easy to clean porcelain sear plates, thermometer (that actually works!), and the advanced titanium reinforced burners. These features make them one of the most sought after gas grills on the market today.
Nexgrill is a grill manufacturer that provides grills for both home and commercial use. It was founded in 1998 by Karim Dhanani, who is the current president of the company. Nexgrill has headquarters in Channahon, Illinois, USA. The company specializes in gas, electric and infrared barbecues with an emphasis on grilling over other cooking methods since it offers taste profiles not achievable through other cooking techniques. Nexgrill makes products under its own brand name as well as for third party companies including Walmart, Lowe’s Home Improvement and Home Depot.
Nexgrill is a collection of outdoor kitchens and grills designed with the best materials and most innovative designs. This line of appliances is manufactured by Nexgrill, Inc., an American company that specializes in bringing you high-quality grills and all the accompaniments needed to create the perfect backyard cookout.
With a variety of Nexgrill grill models, including gas grills and a new line of high-performance charcoal grills, there is a perfect oven for every backyard. Whether you prefer an outdoor kitchen or a single full-sized grill , Nexgrill has the product to meet your needs. From sleek side burners to work tables with convenient storage, these quality products are packed with features that make them worth more than their cost.
Each Nexgrill has been designed to bring professional grade cooking performance home without breaking the bank. Professional series models feature heavy duty construction and additional workspace – all at a price within reach of most budgets. If you want top performance without sacrificing counter space in your kitchen, check out some of our great options today!
Recognized as a leader in outdoor cooking appliances, Nexgrill is committed to bringing you high-quality grills that will last. With innovative features and advanced designs for all of your backyard cookout needs, these appliances are the perfect addition to any backyard!
What is Char Broil?
Char Broil is a brand of gas grill which has been in the business for more than 50 years. They have various models that are affordable and easy to use. The different grills they have come in a wide range, from classic grills to indoor grills, from table top size to large sized ones.
Their products are available in major retailers worldwide. If you’re thinking of buying a new grill this season but don’t know what type is most suited for your needs, keep on reading through this article and learn more about char broil products and how good they are if they fit your preference.
The company prides itself with their history, innovation skills and technology used when manufacturing their products. Their grills are known for their durability and quality. They use stainless steel components in all parts since it is rust resistant and does not alter food’s flavor.
The company also sells accessories like replacement grills, reversible plates, keg adapters, rotisseries, side shelves and much more to help customers maximize the enjoyment they can get out of their products.
Today, there are several varieties of Char Broil grills available on the market based on the model you choose. Whether it’s a standard gas grill or one-touch electric appliances for your home or patio kitchen needs – they have got them all!
Nexgrill vs Char Broil: To Buy or Not to Buy? See more…
Nexgrill Top Models Review – Nexgrill 720-0830H
What Is Nexgrill 720-0830H
The Nexgrill 720-0830H is a sleek, high tech grill that uses infrared technology to cook from all sides at once. It has a large cooking surface and an electric rotisserie as well as easy temperature controls and a convenient timer. This versatile grill can be used for grilling, roasting and much more. Keep reading to find out what else it’s capable of.
The Nexgrill 720-0830H is a stainless steel gas grill with 680 total square inch s of cooking space on four main burners plus one electronic rotisserie burner. That makes this model ideal for anyone who wants to grill for large families or for entertaining. The burners are long-lasting stainless steel with special radiant tubes to improve efficiency and make sure that the whole cooking surface is evenly heated.
The cooking surface has been given a porcelain enamel coating, which makes it easy to clean and resistant to rusting and corrosion from acidic foods like tomatoes. It also means the surface will not flake off into your food while cooking. In addition to regular gas grilling , this grill also comes with an infrared rotisserie burner that slowly turns your meat to ensure even browning on all sides before you take it off the grill. The rotisserie rod can be removed if you want a larger cooking area while still enjoying even browned meat from the infrared burner.
Near the burners is an electronic display with a digital countdown timer and three heat settings (high, medium and low). There are also several safety features built in that will turn off the grill after four hours of non-use. These include lid protectors that latch onto the side of the grill to cover the controls as well as time-out timers for both the rotisserie and main burners. The unit has two large wheels on one end making it easy to move around your patio or deck after you’ve used it.
Pros and cons of Nexgrill 720-0830H
If you want a good charcoal grill at a reasonable price, go with the Nexgrill 720-0830H . It is easy to assemble and comes with most of the features available on more expensive models. With 465 square inches of cooking area, you can cook enough food for four to six people easily. Plus, it uses Kingsford Charcoal which has been used by countless Cooks for over fifty years now. Here’s my experience after using it several times:
– It holds temperature very well. The unit heats up quickly and evenly. I have no hotspots or cold spots in my cooking area that lead to unevenly cooked food a”” something I’ve experienced before on other grills.
– The unit itself is made from high-quality materials. It’s a nice stainless steel construction with a powder coated paint job. That means there is no need for you to spend extra money on a grill cover, the outside will stay shiny and good looking for years to come.
– Kingsford makes some of the best charcoal briquettes in the world, if not the best. Their patented process makes their ignitable chunks of compressed wood dust much easier to light than other brands that may be out there. You’ll never have trouble getting this pit going or keeping it going as long as you use Kingsford Charcoal .
– There are two bottom vents that allow you to control airflow into yourbox. This helps keep your cooking temperature where you want it.
– The cooking racks are heavy duty and easy to remove for quick cleaning. Just pull out the cooking rack, toss it in your sink, scrub it with some soap and water, rinse it off well, dry, and put back in the Nexgrill 720-0830H’s frame. This makes clean up much easier than other models that have only one cooking grate.
– The unit is large at 47x47x59 inches. It takes up a lot of room on our deck so we do not take this grill camping with us anymore. It’s just too big to pack along easily without hurting other gear or someone else’s feelings when come across you using this grill at the campsite.
– It doesn’t have any way to convert the coals to a smoking chamber. This really isn’t a big problem, but it would be nice for slow cooks if Nexgrill put in some kind of adapter plate or box that you could fill with wood chips and cover with an inverted cooking grate to get great smoky flavors while slow cooking ribs or pulled pork.
– The unit has no side tables to hold condiments and other items while you’re grilling and eating. There is just one small shelf underneath where it sits, so there’s no room for things like plates, utensils, sauces, etc.
You may like this: Top 5 Best Indoor Grills And Air Fryer Combo Reviews
Char-Broil 463377319 Performance 4-Burner
Char-Broil Performance 4-burner gas grill in black with side burners is a durable and sturdy steel construction. This four burner gas grill has 450 square inches of primary cooking area and 135 square inches of secondary cooking area. The electronic ignition system provides easy start up, plus the stainless steel lid and firebox add strength to this unit. With a simple to use control valve that allows for high heat grilling when needed or subtle heat when you want it, it’s perfect for year round grilling. This grill has a 30,000 BTU rating on the main burners and 14,000 BTU rating on the side burner. The total BTU output is 44,000 BTUs. This product has a one year limited warranty and assembly is required.
- 4 stainless steel tube burners – 30,000 BTU/hr each main burner and 14,000 BTU/hr side burner
- Extra wide, open cart design for easy cleaning with durable polymer wheels
- Controllable heat output from a gentle simmer to intense searing heat with the matchless electronic ignition system and infinite control valve – all working together to provide the utmost in temperature control.
- Smoker box with hinged lid that can be filled with wood chips or chunks and also doubles as a storage drawer under the grill surface
- Long lasting porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grates – lift out and brush clean after every use. Porcelain cooking grids are designed for superior heat conduction up to 350°F
- Durable steel firebox is rust resistant for better durability. Large cooking area of 450 sq inches
Cooking grate material : porcelain enameled cast iron
Weatherproof cover included : no
Electronic ignition system : yes
Wheels : yes, easy rolling caster wheels
Side burner type : stainless tube burner – 14,000 BTU/hr output
Assembly required : yes, assembly required with step by step instructions provided in manual. Unit dimensions are 52.6″H x 25 1/2″W x 21 3/4″L. Grill weight is 146 lbs. Manufacturer provides one year limited warranty.
Pros of Char-Broil 463377319 Performance 4-Burner
The Char-Broil 463377319 Performance 4-Burner is an excellent grill, especially for those who want some extra fuel options. The thing that makes this grill different from many others on the market is that it can run off of natural gas or propane. Not only does this give more flexibility to consumers (and the ability to hook up with existing systems), but also saves money in the long term because less propane tanks need replaced or refilled.
This 4 burner features a double wall lid made of porcelain coated steel and 552 square inches of cooking space which includes four 12,000 BTU stainless steel burners (one per every 12 inches). It has a solid seal between these two layers as well as dual-helix stainless steel heat tents. The heavy duty grates are made out of cast iron which is extremely durable, great at distributing heat evenly, and can be removed for easier access to clean or replace the flavor bars (grill grates). Speaking of flavor bars, these run across the entire grill with two on top and two on bottom. They also have a porcelain coating for durability and ease of cleaning/replacement.
What makes this grill even more attractive is that it has all stainless steel control knobs, construction, burners, lid latch, Flavorizer bar housings & legs. It also includes both thermometers one of which is mounted into the lid while the other is built into an easy-to-read hand held unit.
In addition, it is built with a three piece cooking grate system which allows customers to cook multiple sizes of food at the same time as well as making clean up easier and more efficient. The grates themselves are not only cast iron but porcelain coated as well for better heat conduction and ease of use/cleaning.
Lastly this grill also features a stainless steel lid latch handle that includes a locking mechanism to prevent theft or accidents while transporting the grill. Honestly speaking, there really isn’t too much negative about this particular model from Char-Broil. As long as you follow all safety instructions then you should have no problems whatsoever owning this grill… However if we absolutely have to pick something, some people say that the assembly instructions are fairly confusing and vague. But this is fairly common among most grills so it is not a big problem.
Cons of Char-Broil 463377319 Performance 4-Burner
– Unit is small for large-scale cooking
The cooking space of the unit is 430 square inches, this may sound like a lot but it can be easily overwhelmed if you are cooking multiple dishes at once. The griddle takes up most of the space, so there isn’t much room to cook other dishes on. If you are only looking to grill one or two steaks, then this should work fine for you, but if not then I would suggest something with bigger cooking space.
– Support bracket could break under high heat conditions
Some people have experienced that the support bracket given could break after prolonged exposure to extreme heat levels (500 degrees Fahrenheit). This became an issue because they were unable to use their burner until the part was replaced, making it difficult for them to grill or cook anything. If you are fine with having to replace parts now and then, then this should not be an issue.
– It has been known to rust easily
The stainless steel cover can begin to show signs of rust after just a few months of use if it is exposed to moist conditions often enough. Some users have also experienced rusted burners, which is the part that heats up and allows for cooking.
– The burners stop lighting after a year’s time
The ignition system of this unit has been known to malfunction within just one year of use, making it difficult to start the grilling process as you will need manually light the burner with a lighter. This can be an annoying task if you are cooking outside or in a place where you don’t have easy access to lighters/matches. If this is an issue then I would suggest looking elsewhere for your grill needs.
– No knob on front door
There isn’t any way to open up the front door without using a tool (like a screwdriver), which makes it difficult when you need to add more coals or wood chips. This is an issue that cannot be easily resolved and will require you to work around it in some way.
– The burners may not be able to last long
Some customers have complained that their burners stopped working after a few years of use, which means you’ll have to replace the entire unit if this should happen. This can be an annoyance since other grills usually last much longer than this one.
– The temperature may not reach as high as other grills
The highest temperature that the grill reaches is 500 degrees Fahrenheit, which is enough for most dishes but will not work for pizza or cooking things like steak at the perfect level. If you are looking for something that works better with very high heat then I would suggest checking out some other options before settling on this model.
You may like this: Top 10 Best Electric Grills Consumer Reports for 2022
Nexgrill vs Char broil Detailed Comparison
These two models are the most widely used grills in many homes. They are great for first time buyers looking to buy something on a budget for family occasions like birthdays, graduations, and anniversaries. A lot of first time buyers will choose these because they seem like you get more bang for your buck. To be honest that is not entirely true if you know what you’re looking at when buying one of these units. Let us compare them side by side so you can better understand which one may suit your needs best.
This is a detailed comparison of the brands, including undercover specifications and unique pros and cons that you won’t find on other websites or blogs.
Notice: I am not hired by any company – nor will I ever be! I write unbiased reviews based on my experience as a user of products listed in this article. My purpose is to help those interested in purchasing a grill learn as much as they can before doing so as to not regret their decision later (which many consumers tend to do).
– Cooking Space (Nexgrill vs Char Broil): Nexgrill offers 575 inches of cooking space, which is surprisingly smaller than its competitor, Char broil , who has 680 inches.
– Portability (Nexgrill vs Char Broil): The Nexgrill is slightly lighter than the Char broil – so moving it around should be easier for most people. But don’t forget to consider the weight distribution. The weight distribution on both brands are comparable with roughly 50% of the total weight resting in the bottom third of the grill (i.e., where you place your legs when grilling). So if that part were to flip over or fall, then you’re looking at potentially serious injury/damage done to everything underneath!
– Heat Temperature (Nexgrill vs Char Broil): Both brands can reach 3 to 4 times the cooking temperature of a conventional oven. Unfortunately, both manufacturers only offer the maximum heat temp for one burner at a time – so if you want to grill something large such as a turkey or roast , you’ll have to buy more than one unit!
– Cleanup (Nexgrill vs Char Broil): Both grills are easy to clean . It should be noted that Nexgrill has 2 interchangeable features which make cleaning much easier. First, it has removable cast iron burners which don’t require any tools for removal, unlike Char broil ‘s bronze ones (which often come loose when they’re not bolted down). Second is its grease management system (that’s what she said), allowing grease to flow through channels into a disposable drip tray.
– Ignition (Nexgrill vs Char Broil): To be honest, neither ignition system is any good – you’re better off lighting the grill with a match or lighter . You might have to purchase an electric starter or flint spark wheel for one of them, but that’s an additional cost that you could have done without.
>>> Nexgrill vs Char Broil – See more: Nexgrill Revelry 4-Burner Review
Read more: 10 Best Camping Grill Stove Combo of 2022
Nexgrill vs Char Broil? After reading this blog post, you should have a better understanding of which grills are the best for your needs. Nexgrill gives you amazing features and excellent durability while Char Broil is more affordable with great cooking surfaces to suit any need or culinary style. It’s up to you whether or not these benefits outweigh the negatives in each grill but we hope that our guide has helped clear up some misconceptions about each product line.