Best Gas Grill Smoker Combo
Choosing the best grill can be a daunting task. You have to think about durability, size, and performance in order to find the right one for you!
You also have to take into account features, and cost when choosing gas grills. There are so many different types and brands of grills to choose from, as well as various configurations for the two types of cooking surfaces. How can you choose the best gas grill smoker combo? There are many different types of gas grills with smokers on the market. To find your perfect match, it’s important to think about what type of cooking style is right for you!
– If you love slow cooking and smoking, a gas grill with a smoker box might be your go-to choice. This will give you that traditional smoky flavor without having to use wood chips or charcoal.
– For those who want more control over their cook time, there are also some great options available which allow for precise temperature control using an electronic smoker box. These generally have more fancy features too so they may be better suited for experienced chefs! In this post, we’ll break down some of these options and provide you a list of the best gas grill smoker combo to help make your decision easier.
Top 4 Best Gas Grill Smoker Combo 2021
If you’re looking for the best of both worlds, look no further than the Best Gas Grill Smoker Combo 2021. This combo allows you to grill up succulent meats and then smoke them to perfection, all in one unit! Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, this smoker is sure to impress.
1. Z GRILLS ZPG-450A 2020 Upgrade Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker 6 in 1 BBQ Grill Auto Temperature Control, 450 Sq in Bronze
The first model of the list of the best gas grill smoker combo that we would like to send to everyone is The Z Grills 2020 Upgrade Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker 6 in 1.
This model is perfect to use at BBQ or just anytime you want to have the best flavors possible! There are many things that come with this product. For one it has all of the tools needed for grilling including 6 in 1 cooking option. Another good thing about this product is the Pellet Grill Technology where it does not require any labor-intensive start-up or babysitting especially when using a gas grill! This also makes your food taste so much better meaning you will get more compliments on how amazing your meal tasted rather than being unhappy with everything like you would if you were barbecuing without a pellet grill!
– It’s perfect for small households.
– Longer cooking time, no need to refill the hopper.
– Durable construction with a high-temperature powder coating
– The grill is made of high-quality materials.
– Feel the satisfaction of knowing you’re making delicious, healthy food for your family with this pellet grill.
– The Z Grills ZPG-450A is a high-tech smoker with the ‘Wood fire’ technology.
– Easily grill more than 10 hours of food on one load.
– The high-quality steel construction is durable and easy to clean.
– These pellet grills are great because they’re easy to use, come with a cover, and have an ash tray.
– The legs seem a little flimsy, but they work
If you often learn about the best gas grill smoker combo, the next name is not strange at all.
2. PIT BOSS PB1230G Wood Pellet and Gas Combo Grill
The PB1230G offers 8-in-1 cooking versatility, to smoke, bake, braise, roast, grill, barbecue, char-grill, and sear – all in one. With advanced grilling technology and premium gauge, stainless steel builds enjoy Pit Boss’ bigger, hotter features – that can only come from a Pit Boss grill. Dial-in heat ranging from 180° to 500°F and achieve instant direct or indirect heat using the innovative slide plate flame broiler.
There are eight cooking surfaces, including the front exterior hood, so you can find whatever level of heat you want – from searing to delicate drizzles of sauce. Pit Boss is bringing out its best features to transform any meal into a masterpiece for family and friends.
If you plan to buy the best gas grill smoker combo, you should consider this model as your final choice.
– Huge cooking surface, perfect for large gatherings.
– You can adjust the temperature to what is best for your food.
– Cast Iron Grates provide a true BBQ flavor.
– Cooks food quickly and evenly.
– You’ll impress your guests with professional quality food.
– This grill has three burners that help regulate the temperature easily.
– There are two meat thermometers and we can control the amount of smoke.
– The slide-plate design is great for direct or indirect heat, making it perfect to use on gas stoves as well!
– This grill has a gas damper for cold smoking, two meat probes, and can hold large quantities of food
– The retaining bar for the propane take has a flattened piece by where the cotter pin goes, and that would require a hole with a slot.
– This grill takes a little effort to assemble and put together
3. Char-Broil 15202029 Oklahoma Joe’s Charcoal/LP Gas/Smoker Combo
Oklahoma Joe’s has always been a company focused on giving its customers the best food experience. And now they’re taking it one step further by introducing an innovative smoker combo package! The Oklahoma Joe smoker comes with everything you need to smoke meat or vegetables right at home, including 3 gauges for temperature adjustments so that each dish tastes as good when smoked indoors as outdoors- even without using charcoal BBQ.
No longer do I have two pieces of equipment – instead, this three-in-one kit offers me total control over how my dishes are cooked depending on whether it’s outside or inside cooking time.
This grill lets you smoke or grill with ease. This multi-purpose combo comes equipped with a charcoal and gas grill chamber, an offset firebox (with flame tamers), cast iron grates as well as durable construction for a full barbecue experience! With porcelain-coated cast iron grate coating on both sides of the cooking surface; it even has its own dedicated space for getting those delicious grilled foods ready to serve when done – no need to mess up your kitchen like I usually do by pan-frying mine because now they’re all waiting patiently outside where they belong so we can enjoy them together.
With the advantages of features that this product brings, surely the list of the best gas grill smoker combo is always its presence.
– The large cooking surface of this BBQ allows for parties and gatherings with friends.
– It features plenty of grates to cook on at the same time, ensuring that everyone can have their own meal made by you!
– Be able to cook anything you want in a single grill, from burgers to salmon with ease!
– The cooking surface is large enough to accommodate a variety of dishes.
– The porcelain-coated grates are easy enough for anyone to clean
– You’ll be able to impress your friends and family with the skills that you have in kitchen
– The grill is a versatile tool that can be used with gas, charcoal and smoke.
– This grill has more than enough space to cook whatever you want. It’s made out of durable materials that will last the test of time!
– The grill has cool-touch handles and lid-mounted temperature gauges to help you cook your food carefully.
– The grill has a lot of cooking space and is made out of sturdy materials. It’s perfect for all your outdoor needs!
– The wheels are cool, but the grill is quite heavy and hard to move.
Keep reading to discover the best gas grill smoker combo….
4. Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill
The Char-Griller Duo 5050 Grill is the all in one grill. This gas, charcoal and easy to use product will have you creating your next BBQ masterpiece! The durable cast iron grates allow for even cooking on either side of this amazing body that won’t scorch or burn foods like plastic finds can do so easily with their lack luster flavor whether they are thick cuts smoking up at high heat from many hours over open flame -or something milder such as chicken breasts wrapped around vegetables placed between two layers tucked securely under each arm while it cooks away deliciously until served hot off an opened package nestled comfortably inside its own little cavity ready
With a grilling space of 1,260 sq.in., this perfect partner to the avid BBQer offers stay-cool cast iron cooking grates, electronic ignition, three powerful burners with 40,800 BTU output, and four easy-snap shelf attachments (for fish or oyster baskets).
Portability is made easy thanks to its durable cart base that stores up to 60 lbs. worth of charcoal conveniently on one side; it even includes a 12,000 BTU side burner for convenience!
The gas side provides convenience with the cast side burner for additional cooking capacity while maintaining superior heat retention through porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates. The charcoal side offers usability with warming racks on either end to cook your food just how you want it.
If you are beginner, you may want to buy this model as your final choice. The Char-Griller Duo 5050 Grill is one of the best gas grill smoker combo.
– The grill has an easy to use, adjustable height that will work for most barbecues.
– Never worry about not having enough space to cook again
– Comes with 3 years warranty on the burner and cooking grates.
– Cook and sear your food to perfection with the perfect temperature.
– Never worry about not having enough space to cook again
– The grill is easy to assemble and starts up faster.
– The grill has a high heat output and can cook up massive amounts of food at once, making it perfect for large groups.
– This grill features adjustable height for temperature control and a chrome-plated warming rack.
– The convenience of both gas and charcoal for those times when you want a little more flavor.
– The grill rather heavy hard to move around
– The smoker attachment seems quite flimsy
If you have any questions about the list the best gas grill smoker combo, then you can follow our instructions below.
Buying guide on the Best Gas Grill Smoker Combo
1. What are the gas grill smoker combos and which types of it?
The gas grill smoker combos, often called a “gasser” in backyard BBQ circles, is a Gas Grill with built-in or attachable compartments / boxes to hold wood chips or sawdust. The result of this method is a grill that can be used as a wood fired smoker and a regular barbecue at the same time.
Most of these grills have a lower chamber to hold the woodchips and upper burner that disperses smoke into the cooking chamber by means of a special hood or other system. Some gas smokers require you to place the wood chips on aluminum foil (that’s placed directly above the heat source) but many new models offer an opening that’s specially designed for holding sawdust. Some models also have a direct flame feature which can be used for searing steaks, burgers and other quick cook foods.
There are three kinds of best gas grill smoker combo: propane tank smoker, electric smoker and charcoal pan. The best one for you is going to depend on your taste, preferences and budget. Let’s take a closer look at each type.
– Propane smoker:
One of the biggest advantages propane smokers have over charcoal and electric smokers is that they use gas. This makes it much easier to regulate the temperature inside your smoker, which is particularly important for smoking food. The best propane grill also has a second burner for searing steaks after you’ve finished smoking them. Propane tanks can be easily stored outdoors so you don’t want to worry about an extension cable or power outlets. Grill’s made from stainless steel are great because they don’t rust and you can wipe them down quickly and easily if they get dirty. Propane smokers tend to cost more than less advanced grills but only by a couple of hundred dollars at most. And while electric smokers are still technically better, in most cases the difference is not noticeable to the naked eye. We recommend buying a mid-sized propane smoker, around 30 inches wide. This way you’ll have enough space for cooking all your favorite food but it won’t be too bulky to store when winter finally comes.
This is one of the most popular models on the list of the best gas grill smoker combo.
– Electric smoker:
The best electric smoker offers an excellent balance between price and features. You get everything you could possibly want from a smoker without having to break the bank. Temperature control is very easy with most models so getting scorched meat or undercooked food is not a common problem. They are easier to maintain, use and store than any other type of smoker. What we don’t like about electric smokers is that you can’t cook as much food at once because the area inside them is rather limited. On the other hand, if you don’t think that’s an issue for you, go ahead and choose one of these smokers – they’re great and come at very affordable prices.
– Charcoal pan:
This is the last model on the list of the best gas grill smoker combo.
If money isn’t such an issue for you and all you care about is delicious smoked meats, then get your hands on a charcoal smoker. While you get much less space for cooking food, the real advantage is that it allows you to fully control the flavor of whatever you are smoking. It’s also much cheaper than other types of smokers, especially propane smokers. You can even make smoked cheese or bratwursts if that’s what turns you on. Just don’t expect it to last for years and always go for at least 2 years warranty period when buying one of these grills just in case something breaks down while still under warranty period. Our advice is to choose thicker steel so your grill won’t rust very quickly but again.. buy only from well-known manufacturers because if their customer service sucks you might find yourself alone with broken smoker.
2. Why should you buy a best gas grill smoker combo
We will explain to you why this type of product is currently dominating the market. So, gas grill smokers can do two things at once: grilling and smoking. They both work like a separate machine but they can do all that with just one button touch. This means less hassle for you personally because you only need one propane tank to accomplish everything.
Fewer appliances – There are many large size smokers which require their own special cabinets to store them in when they’re not being used. But with this griller smoker, there is no need for it since it is a single appliance.
Less space is required – If you own a grill and smoker separately, you will need to put them away in different places when they aren’t being used. But the cool thing about this unit is that it saves up on space since it combines both units and can fit into one corner of your porch or patio.
Easy to clean – Another good thing about this model is that it makes less mess because its cooking grids are high enough from the surface below. This means that there will be no dripping juices which often cause smoke and flare-ups while grilling food over an open flame. As for the meat probe, the best way to go around it is washing it with water so there won’t be any leftovers stuck to it after you’re done cooking.
More durable – The model we are talking about here is made from top-quality stainless steel and painted with a high temperature resistant enamel coating. So, there’s no need to worry about it rusting or breaking down soon.
With the above advantages, surely many people have decided to choose one of the best gas grill smoker combo for themselves.
3. How to choose the right one of the best gas grill smoker combo
3.1. How much do I want to spend?
First off, determine how much you are willing to spend on this new purchase. The price range for smokers alone vary greatly, so it only makes sense to look at the gas grills that can accommodate them. Remember that you are not limited to purchasing just one item here, as many best gas grill smoker combo offer an excellent value for their great price!
3.2. The type of fuel source
The natural gas/propane debate rages on between barbecuers everywhere. Gas grills are easy to use and are very portable, but they require a steady supply of propane or natural gas in order to function. Charcoal is cheap and readily available, but it takes time to light properly and requires more attention throughout the cooking process. Which fuel you choose largely depends on your lifestyle – if you’re always traveling or camping with your family then a portable propane grill will be a good investment.
3.3. What type of body do I want?
The design of your grill is going to affect its final price as well as your cooking experience. A clamshell design – where one half opens up like a car hood to offer access to the grilling area – offers more cooking space but limits the ability to quickly add coals or wood chips to your smoker box or smoker pouch during long cooks. Other designs feature glass doors that allow for easy viewing while you cook, but restrict airflow into the chamber due to their enclosed nature. Don’t let aesthetics drive your decision here – think about what you need from the best gas grill smoker combo and then move on from there.
3.4. What is your grilling style?
Barbecue food is all about flavor – as a result, the design of the smoker box is going to determine how well it performs its job, which is to impart smoky goodness onto whatever might be cooking inside it. The best designs feature a large surface area coupled with adjustable vents that allow for direct heat or airflow control depending on what you are doing at any given time. These types of smokers will make sure that your meats come out with a deep browned exterior and a juicy center every time!
3.5. How much space do you have available?
How much space do you have available for this unit? If your grill has a designated smoker box area then it will need to fit within that area in order to function properly – otherwise it will impede upon cooking duties! Some units can be fitted with permanent modifications without too much trouble, but others may require an entirely new gas grill or smoker box to work properly with their design.
3.6. What type of cooking are you doing?
Before purchasing any best gas grill smoker combo, look at the product specifications carefully. Different units are designed to offer different types of heat control – some are better at indirect heat while others excel when used directly over high heat. Take a look at the temperature ratings of each unit and make sure that it will match your cooking style – if you like to sear meats and chicken, then an indirect heat smoker may not be the best choice – go for a unit that excels in direct heat grilling!
4. Advantages and disadvantages of each type of the best gas grill smoker combo
4.1.”Ceramic Smoker Boxes” for Gas Grills – by far the most common type of gas grill smoker combo, these are little boxes that fit into the cooking area of your grill and allow you to add wood chips/chunks for smoking. A lot of people swear by them because they are easy to use and pretty cheap. The down side is that they generally don’t hold much food at once (maybe 2-3 racks), plus if you want to smoke for a long time you need to refill the box mid-smoke, and if you want to add more smoke flavor (which is always a good thing!) then you need to add fresh wood every hour or two. I will say that although they don’t work as well as dedicated smokers, these do give you some real nice smoked BBQ flavors and are great for things like ribs and chicken where the extra capacity isn’t needed.
4.2. “Gas Grill Smokers” – my personal favorite type of best gas grill smoker combo! These grills use an actual “box” attached right in place of your cooking grate on top of the lid which provides 100% smokeless indirect heat, allowing you cook with either gas or wood in the box. It’s true, you can cook with either gas or wood in these smokers. So why use gas at all? Because it’s so easy to switch back and forth between smoking meats vs grilling steaks, plus I think your food tastes better when cooked over an open flame – it just adds another flavor dimension that cannot be obtained any other way. These units are typically larger than standard grills, allowing you to smoke multiple racks of ribs or whole briskets without refilling the smoker box. The key is to get a unit where the smoker box has an adjustable damper/flue on top, which allows you to control the temperature inside much more accurately.
4.3. “Propane Smoker Burners” – these are my least favorite type of best gas grill smoker combo. The idea is that you use a propane burner (similar to what you would find on a turkey fryer) and put it underneath a chamber which holds the wood and water, and the smoke from this wood drips down onto your meat. These units can be very affordable (less than $100), but I find them almost impossible to keep at an accurate temperature without constantly having to add more wood & water, plus they tend to blow out your fire with their powerful burners when trying to set up indirect heat or when adding more fuel mid-cooking.
4.4. “Pellet Smokers” – my second favorite type of best gas grill smoker combo! These units are a bit pricey compared to the other three, but they work so well and offer a lot of great features. The idea is very similar to the propane burners, but instead you use a huge auger system with several hundred pounds of compressed wood pellets that slowly drip into your firepot at an extremely consistent rate. You can set these smokers up for indirect or direct heat just like any other unit, and since there is no fire in the firepot during normal operation you don’t have ash blowing out on your meat when trying to smoke it low & slow. Also because of the pellet system you can run these smokers at very high temps if you want, which allows for great searing on steaks.
4.5. “Charcoal Smokers” – this type of best gas grill smoker combo is very simple and inexpensive. It’s basically just a metal pan that sits in your cooking area with some holes cut in it, then you put in your charcoal & wood chunks. The smoke from the fire rises through the holes in the pan and cooks your meats. These units are great for smoking things like ribs & chicken where the extra capacity isn’t required. They are also very affordable, but like the propane burners I find them hard to keep at an accurate temperature and they add ash to your meat. Also with most charcoal smokers you will still need to use wood chunks or chips every so often since the coals will only smolder and not burn very hot after a while.
FAQs about theBest Gas Grill Smoker Combo
1. How long do you need to smoke meat?
Around 6-8 hours smoking time is average for most dishes. However, it can take up to 22 hours if you are cooking the meat in aluminum foil with only 2 hours of actual cook time before wrapping again and letting it smoke another 1 hour afterwards!
2. What is the difference between a grill and a smoker?
– When cooking with a grill, food cooks quicker because of the high temperature. The average is about 275 to 750 degrees Fahrenheit, and you can cook with direct or indirect heat
– When cooking with a smoker, cooking tougher meat cuts at a lower temperature with indirect heat will tenderize the meat and give it that distinct smoky flavor.
3. What food can I smoke?
As a smoker, you can smoke a variety of meats including pork belly and sausages. Other than that there is also an array of other foods available for throwing in your cooker such as potatoes oysters peaches sea scallops nuts
4. What is the difference between wood pellets and wood chips?
Pellets are usually used for a pellet smoker or grill, but other smokers and grills can work with wood chips. This allows you to experiment with different flavors so that your favorite is found!
5. How often should I clean my grill?
Make sure you clean your grill after every use and deep clean it at least twice a year. Cleaning regularly is the best way to preserve its life, so if grilling is high on your list of priorities than don’t forget about this crucial step!
When you’re looking for a new gas grill, there are a lot of different options. But don’t worry – we have your back! We have compiled the best grills on the market and provided some helpful tips to help make sure that you find exactly what matches your needs.
One of the best gas grill smoker combo is what you need. You should consider one of these as your final choice, all are high quality products that have been tried and tested by many people before. Have fun browsing through our list and enjoy cooking out this summer with one of these amazing BBQs!