Why are built-in grills so expensive? No one else offers the features that this grill does. You could be missing out on a range of cooking options from sous vide to fry, to slow cook and keep warm all by utilizing the one appliance. Become high tech in your own kitchen with a culinary experience you can’t get anywhere else.
The built-in grill is a perfect complement to your kitchen and the cooking space in it. But if you’re like many homeowners, when you see how much they cost, you might think twice about adding one to your home. A high quality built-in grill can easily cost $5,000 or more for just the grills that go into the cabinetry with an additional $3,500-$4,000 for installation costs on top of that! So why are these things so expensive? There’s no such thing as a bargain when it comes to building out an entire custom kitchen design project from scratch. It takes time and materials and skilled professionals who know what they’re doing.
Built-in grills are expensive, but they’re worth it. They are built into your home and are not just an accessory that you have to cart outside every time you want to grill. You can do all of your cooking inside without worry because there is no chance of the house catching on fire from a gas leak or starting one by accident with matches or lighter fluid. The benefits far outweigh the cost of installing them in your kitchen!
What is a built-in grill?
A built-in grill is a piece of equipment which allows for cooking by radiant heat. They are more popular in the United States than anywhere else. More Americans have these grills in their homes than any other country, according to national polls.
Built-In Grills usually have four main components: the burner(s), grate, ignition system and cover or hood. In addition some also include a thermostat , rotisserie motor and/or spit . The most common burners found in built-ins are natural gas and propane; however, with today’s technology some manufacturers offer models with electric or infrared heating elements.
The grate is where the food actually rests while it cooks and is typically made of porcelain coated steel or cast iron.
The ignition system is what provides the fire from the gas, electric element or coal to get started. The most common form of ignition is a push button electronic ignition powered by a battery. Another type of electric grill uses a glow plug that must be pre-heated before cooking can begin. There are also models that use molten salt as an igniter and hot stones to start the flame, but these types of grills have yet not been made widespread due to their large initial costs and difficult implementation.
A hood or cover serves two purposes: it helps to capture heat and disperse smoke while containing heat so it does not escape into the rest of your home. Built-In Grills traditionally come with three components: a cooking grate which rests on a burner or heating element, a hood that sits on top of the grill and a drain pan for catching grease and preventing fires. Most models include an easy to remove drip-pan with plastic container underneath where the drippings can be stored until you are ready to properly dispose of them. Some higher end Built-In Grills also have self-cleaning features [like motorized action] which pull the particles from the grates while burning off any excess fat in order to improve taste and health benefits .
Built-in grills do not offer additional space like standard outdoor grills do, but they provide more even heat distribution throughout the unit due to their design. This ensures that food is cooked evenly all over without burning any parts. The grill surface is typically much larger than barbecues so they are capable of cooking larger quantities of food at one time, perfect for large gatherings or family dinners.
Built-In Grills are not limited to just making delicious meals outside in the warm months. With specific modifications many models can be used indoors year round to cook up your favorite barbecue dishes! They have also been known to save energy by using propane gas tanks or natural gas lines rather than charcoal, which would require constant refueling .
Why are built-in grills so expensive? With Built-in grills you get all the flavor and health benefits without having to worry about flareups or burning any type of fuel. Just sit back, relax and let the machine do the work while you enjoy your company, the weather or just an evening alone!
The benefits of a built-in grills
Each summer, Americans spend hundreds of millions of dollars on grills to use during the warmer months. These devices give families and friends an opportunity to bond over delicious food cooked outside. With that said, many people do not even own a grill! Why?
One reason is because they do not have enough room for this large contraption . Another reason is because they prefer to cook their foods in something other than metal, like pottery or glass. While these materials can be effective at cooking meat, there are numerous problems with each option:
– Grilling in metal requires more supervision , since it is easier to burn food when very high heat is used;
– Pottery may absorb some heat but ultimately transfers too much into the food, making it chewy;
– Glass heats up too quickly and can cause the meat to burn on the outside before it is ready to eat.
Fortunately, one option has it all: a built-in grill . Many ovens (typically gas stoves) come equipped with a small area in which users can place their steak or chicken to cook. This space usually sits above an electric or propane coil , which allows for incredible heat distribution and accuracy. The best part of such grills is that they are easy to operate and foolproof (they do not emit harmful fumes like charcoal grills). People looking for a quick, safe way to cook foods can purchase ovens that already have this feature, saving them time and money.
Why are built-in grills so expensive? The benefits of ovens with built-in grills far outweigh any other option on the market today. Many people will agree that nothing brings family together like a delicious meal cooked using cooking equipment that everyone loves to use!
How expensive is it to install a built-in grill
One of the best things about summertime is that you can grill outside. If you’re building a new house, or recently moved into one, it’s an ideal time to add some extra bells and whistles. You could go all out with a pool or spa, or maybe install central air conditioning if your home doesn’t already have it. But if you want to make one change on your wish list this season, consider adding a built-in grill in the backyard. Adding a built-in grill seems like something only homeowners who build their own homes can do — but we’ve found several companies that will come to your home and construct them for you for between $2,000 and $5,000 depending on size and features. Here are the most common costs associated with adding a built-in grill to your home.
– Building A Grill Foundation
If you purchase a freestanding gas or charcoal grill, building a foundation for it is probably not something you think about. However, if you’re paying contractors to install one for you, they will need to make sure there is a sturdy base on which to place it. This often involves digging down 4-8 inches and placing gravel inside the hole before laying cement over the top of it . Costs can vary depending on how big of an area needs to be dug up, but expect them to range from $100-$300. If your backyard is sloped, this could also lead to extra costs as the concrete slab must be adjusted accordingly to prevent the grill from tipping over.
– Decking Around The Grill
A lot of homeowners choose to build a custom deck around their grill, since it gives them an area to sit down while grilling and also adds value to your home . If you’re taking this route, plan on spending between $1,000-4,000 for good quality wood or composite decks that are built with screws instead of nails. You can reduce costs by using cedar plywood on the under side of the deck boards if you don’t have access to full boards. Also keep in mind that some companies will not cover sloped yards with their service for liability reasons, so if your yard is steeply sloped you’ll need to build a retaining wall or hire someone to come in and do it for you.
– Wood Fencing and Gates
This is another added feature that homeowners often add when they’re building a grill foundation — either by themselves, or through the additional costs associated when having contractors install it . If you want to make your backyard feel like an oasis, adding fencing and gates can add an extra layer of protection from neighbors and keep pets in certain areas . There are several types of fences to choose from, including: wooden; iron; cedar; brick; stone; and even vinyl horizontal. Costs can range from $200-$4,000 depending on the type selected and labor associated with putting up each type (some require more labor than others). When selecting a type and color of fencing, it’s important to be mindful of your neighborhood covenants and restrictions — as well as the look you’re going for. Some contractors may also not want to work with certain types or colors — so make sure you know which ones they’ll cover before getting too deep into the design process!
– Miscellaneous Costs
Lastly, don’t forget that there are probably several other small costs associated with the grill foundation that homeowners often miss . For example: Building a grill foundation can cause cosmetic damage to existing features such as sprinkler systems; outdoor lighting; electrical outlets; swimming pools; ponds, etc. If any of these have already been installed in your backyard, plan on spending about $100-$300 per feature to have them repaired. If you’re having contractors install your grill foundation, they may not inspect existing features before beginning work on the new one. This means that if something happens to break after they leave, you’ll need to fix it yourself at an additional cost .
– Lastly, make sure you consider how much yard space you are dedicating for this feature by walking around your entire property first and measuring everything out . Once everything is measured , draw a rough sketch of where exactly the built-in will go so that all design choices can be made accordingly. By being mindful of all these factors ahead of time, homeowners can ensure their built-in grills are installed correctly and within their budget.
Why is it more expensive than other types of grills
Why are built-in grills so expensive? When comparing the features and benefits of a few different brands, it will quickly become apparent why built-in grills cost so much more than other types. They offer many features and benefits that aren’t available with other models. Here are just a few key reasons why they’re worth the price:
Built In Grill Offers Flexibility – When you own a built-in grill, you’ll save space since you won’t need to purchase or install an additional grill. You can use this space for sitting down to enjoy your meal, cooking another dish on your stovetop, hosting another cookout or whatever else you may want to do with it.
Built In Grill Is Suitable For Any Outdoor Space – Because you don’t need to worry about finding a space for it or how to install it, you can use the built-in grill anywhere. You could even take it with you on your RV if you’re looking for a tailgate solution that doesn’t rely on electricity.
Built In Grill Looks Better – A good quality built in grill is made from high end materials and offers sleek and stylish looks. This makes it possible to add an attractive cooking surface to any outdoor space without having to do much construction at all. Built in grills are constructed from materials like stainless steel, making them rust resistant and durable enough for long term use outdoors while still a look that complements the exterior of your home.
What should I look out for when buying a built-in grill?
– Be sure to measure the size of your kitchen and determine where you want to install your built-in grill; we recommend that you consider installing it in an area next to an electric socket (100cm minimum). If you’re planning on fitting it into a recess then ensure that there is 4cm all around between the wall and the edge of your built-in grill – this will allow room for ventilation. You may also need to consider removing any existing units or appliances from their current position before deciding upon your new place of installation if they are close by.
– Check how much heat output you require – do you want a grill that cooks quickly or will it be used infrequently? For example, many restaurants have commercial grills which are designed to cook lots of food very quickly.
– The next consideration is your budget, below we’ve provided a list of the best built-in grills in different price ranges. You can read up on them for more information about each one then click through to sites like ebay or amazon for prices/customer reviews etc.
– Why are built-in grills so expensive? Once you’re happy with your price range, look at our table here and select the right size & type for you/your family’s requirements.
– Be careful when checking the specification – do they include features like temperature probes or safety cut out switches etc.? Are the temperature probes fixed or removable? We would recommend that you choose a grill with a temperature probe integrated into it. This is because this type will provide more accurate results/temperature readings and also be easier to clean!
– The last thing to check on a built-in grill is whether it will fit your existing worktops. If not, can you adapt/modify these in some way so they will fit – either by cutting them down or adding an extra panel for example?!
What type of material should be used for the grill
The debate of what type of material should be used for the grill has been going on for years. Many people believe that stainless steel is too expensive, and that a cheaper alternative would be just as good. However, that isn’t the case. There are many reasons why a stainless steel grill is not only better, but safer as well. Here are some examples:
– Stainless steel grills do not rust. When you cook over an open flame with a rusted surface, it contaminates the food from the flame’s chemicals which can cause serious illnesses such as cancer or liver failure because of toxins in meat products. In addition to this, it may also leach iron into your food which can potentially create digestive problems and dizziness.
– Because stainless steel grills do not rust, they pose less of a fire hazard. When your grill is rusted over, especially with grease or oil the more likely it is to catch on fire; this can get very dangerous especially when you are unable to put out the flames due to the chemicals in the flame. A stainless steel grill will allow for easier cleanup and prevent future fires which could be absolutely devastating if not prevented.
– Stainless steel grills are much more portable than their cast iron counterparts because cast iron becomes very heavy when it’s heated up while stainless steel remains relatively cool allowing for easier transportation and assembly/disassembly of parts of it. Furthermore, unlike cast iron grills, there is no risk of it shattering if it is dropped.
– Stainless steel grills are much more durable than their cast iron counterparts. Because stainless steel does not rust or deteriorate, there is no need for a paint job on your grill pan which can wear away after a few uses through the elements. Not to mention, the paint used on cast iron grills contain lead and chromium making them even more dangerous to use near food. Although this isn’t as big of an issue with newer models being made today, it’s still important to remember that you cannot eat off of a painted surface without first removing the paint from the grill by sanding or other methods which come with obvious risks such as inhaling fumes from chemicals in paints similar to inhaling second hand smoke from cigarettes.
– Stainless steel grills are much easier to clean than their cast iron counterparts. Even with a grill liner, grease and oil sticks to the surface of a cast iron grate making it difficult to remove because not only does it mix in with the heavy grease which can burn onto your grill pan but also because it becomes rust if left on there for extended periods of time. On the other hand, stainless steel is much easier to wipe down after use as long as you do it quickly enough before anything seeps into creases or corners. In addition, cleaning out burnt sugars from those same crevices is also exponentially easier without having to deal with rust – especially when you take into account that many stainless steel grill surfaces have been treated with an anti-rust coating.
In conclusion, it isn’t hard to see why a stainless steel grill is a much safer and easier option not only for the home cook but also for commercial establishments. It doesn’t require as much preparation or equipment as cast iron grills, nor does it take up nearly as much space to store which can be especially useful if you live in a smaller place or have to stow your grill away during non use such as when you go on vacation. Every home should consider investing in one because even though they may be slightly more expensive, the benefits outweigh those costs by far making them well worth it in the end.
How to save money on a built-in grill
Why are built-in grills so expensive? Purchasing an outdoor built-in grill does not mean that it will be cheap; however, is a means in order to achieve the best cooking results and experience at a low cost you should make sure to purchase one that is suitable for your needs. Choosing Your Grill There are several factors that affect the price of installed barbeques, including:
– Size – Small, medium or large
– Type – Gas, Charcoal or Electric
– Features – If you want additional features such as rotisseries and side burners
The most common grill sizes are
– Medium (30 inches wide) – The medium size can cook between 10 to 12 burgers at a time. These barbeques usually cost $500 depending on the brand and features.
– Large (36 inches wide) – The large size can cook up to 20 burgers at once and usually costs somewhere around $700 with standard features and $1,000 with all the bells and whistles.
Once you’ve decided on the size, you need to choose the type of grill
– Gas: Gas grills are more expensive than charcoal ones because it offers more convenience and easier control over heat and temperature. On average gas grills can cost $700-$1,000 depending on size and features.
– Charcoal: Charcoal barbeques tend to be less expensive than gas ones as they do not offer as much convenience as gas grills. They also take longer to reach their optimal temperature so there is a higher chance of food getting overcooked or burning before it’s cooked properly. The price range for a charcoal grill is between $200-$500.
– Electric: Electric grills are the cheapest option as they do not require a propane tank or a connection to a power source. Their downside is that you have little control over cooking temperature and it can take up to 30 minutes for them to reach their optimal cooking temperature. They also have the smallest capacity, making them suitable for small families of two to three people only. In order to save money on an electric built-in grill you should prepare extra one time. You can find more information here .
The most common types of built-in grills are
Vertical cabinet type – This type comes with a vertical box compartment where you can insert a gas or electric grill, depending on your needs. They have more storage space at the bottom and offer more cooking surface than other models. These barbeques usually cost between $5,000 and $7,500 depending on brand and features.
Single integrated control panel – These appliance come with one control panel that has all necessary controls for operation in just one area. They have less storage space but they provide superior cooking experience as they use radiant heat to provide even temperature throughout the grill surface without creating hot spots which may burn your food. On average, these built-in grills can cost around $6,000-$10,000.
Double integrated control panel – These appliance come with two control panels controlling one gas line. They are considered to be less expensive than the previous model because of their simpler design and lack of storage space at the bottom of the grill. On average, they cost between $5,000-$7,500 depending on brand and features.
Why are built-in grills so expensive? Read more…
Why you need an outdoor kitchen?
If you are looking to add value and functionality to your home, an outdoor kitchen is something that will do just that. This is why this type of equipment has become so popular over the last decade.
An outdoor kitchen can do wonders for your social life because it provides a gathering place outside in addition to where you cook. If you have never had one before, here are some reasons why everyone should consider building their own in order to gain more enjoyment from their home with family and friends.
– Outdoor kitchens bring families together, even during winter time
It isn’t always easy when the weather gets cold but having an outside living space means no matter what season it is, people won’t be stuck indoors all day long. This is great for families since it allows them to try out new recipes together while also hanging out in an environment that is unique.
– Everyone gets more excited about making dinner when you have this kind of space
It is always nice when guests come over but it doesn’t mean that the host or hostess will be stuck cooking for hours on end while everyone else hangs around inside. The best part about having an outdoor kitchen is that the experience often becomes collaborative because everyone can chip in with their own bit of input, which means there is a lot more room for creativity and experimentation.
– Having a place to cook outside makes your food taste better
This might sound strange at first but hear us out – not only does being outdoors make you more active while cooking but it also ensures that the food tastes better because there is no roof above your head. Having an outdoor kitchen means having a better meal to enjoy with everyone else without spending too much time or effort in solving these issues.
– Relaxing on the patio becomes even easier
If you don’t like sitting inside all day long, why would you go through the trouble of building an outdoor kitchen? They are great for times when you want to stay outdoors and relax while grilling or eating some of your favorite homemade dishes. This will allow you to spend more time doing what makes you happy instead of being stuck indoors where there isn’t even room to move around.
– You have a gathering place during parties or any other events
When you have some free space on your property, then an outdoor kitchen is more than likely the best place to host some gatherings. Having one of these provides more room for everyone to gather around while still enjoying their own time even when they are in close proximity with others. This also means that there will be plenty of room for people to move around without having to worry about bumping into each other or knocking anything over.
– You can make it however you like without having to pay too much attention to what anyone might say
It doesn’t matter who you are or why you want an outdoor kitchen; this type of construction is great because there aren’t any rules saying how it should be designed. If you want to go overboard with the decorations and choose a certain theme, then there isn’t anyone who can stop you from doing so. Just make sure to keep it consistent with your home’s architecture or design in order to avoid any major conflicts with people who visit your place.
– You will have more fun cooking with an outdoor kitchen
There is nothing nicer than being able to cook outside – especially if you have never done so before. Whatever type of food you want is going to taste better when it is made with fresher ingredients that haven’t been sitting around all day until they are ready for use. In addition, having an outdoor kitchen means that you will be spending less money on utilities since your stove is now situated outside where it doesn’t matter if you leave it turned on for hours.
>> Why are built-in grills so expensive – DIY Outdoor Kitchen Built-in Grill Station
Why are built-in grills so expensive – Conclusion
Why are built-in grills so expensive? There are many reasons why a Built-In Grill might cost more than a standard grill. It could have to do with the quality of materials, design, or even installation costs. The most important thing to consider when buying a Built-In Grill is the size and type of your kitchen. Consider what you want in terms of grilling space, cooking area, and countertop or storage requirements before making any final decisions. Once you’ve decided on this information, it will be easier to narrow down which grill would work best for your home by considering features like efficiency (BTUs), assembly time (minutes), price range ($$$) and warranty length (years). We hope these tips have been helpful! The final choice is yours!