Pizza is a popular dish found all over the world. There are many variations of pizza, but two of the most well-known types are Neapolitan vs Sicilian pizza. While both styles are made with dough, sauce, and cheese, there are some key differences between the two. In this blog post, we will take a look at the history of Neapolitan and Sicilian pizza, as well as their individual characteristics. We will also compare and contrast these two types of pizza to help you decide which is right for you. So, let’s get started!
About The Pizza
Pizza is a delicious food that has been enjoyed by people all over the world for centuries. It is made with a variety of different ingredients, including dough, sauce, cheese, and toppings. There are many different types of pizza, such as pepperoni, sausage, and vegetarian. Pizza can be enjoyed in many different ways, such as at a restaurant, delivered to your home, or even cooked at home.
Pizza has a long history dating back to ancient times. The first known mention of pizza was in a 997 CE document from Gaeta in Lazio, Italy. The word “pizza” first appeared in print in a 16th century Italian book called Il Libro del Cortegiano. Pizza became popular in America during the early 20th century. The first pizzeria in America was Lombardi’s Pizza, which opened in 1905 in New York City. Today, pizza is one of the most popular foods in the world.
Pizza dough is typically made from flour, water, yeast, and salt. It is then kneaded and left to rise before being rolled out and placed on a baking tray. The dough is then covered with sauce and toppings, and baked in a hot oven until the crust is golden brown and crispy.
There are many different types of pizza sauce, such as marinara, Alfredo, and pesto. Cheese is also a common ingredient in pizza, with mozzarella being the most popular type. Other common toppings include pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, onions, and peppers. Vegetarian pizzas are also popular, and can be made with a variety of different vegetables.
Pizza can be enjoyed in many different ways. It can be eaten as a main meal, or as a snack or appetizer. Pizza is often served with a side of salad or breadsticks. It can also be found in a variety of different sizes, from personal-sized to large enough to feed a family.
Whether you’re enjoying a slice at your favorite pizzeria or cooking up a pie at home, pizza is sure to please everyone’s taste buds. So what are you waiting for? Give pizza a try today!
What Is Neapolitan Pizza?
Neapolitan pizza is a type of pizza that originated in Naples, Italy. It is made with simple ingredients such as tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, olive oil, and dough. The dough is thin and cooked for a short time at a high temperature. This results in a pizza that has a soft, chewy crust. Neapolitan pizza is often called “true” or “authentic” pizza by pizzerias outside of Italy.
The most notable difference between Neapolitan pizza and other types of pizza is the dough. Neapolitan dough is made with only flour, water, salt, and yeast. It is then left to rise for 24-48 hours. This allows the gluten in the flour to develop, resulting in a dough that is easy to stretch and has a characteristic chewy texture. The dough is then formed by hand into a thin, wide circle and cooked in a wood-fired oven for 60-90 seconds.
Neapolitan pizza is typically topped with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and olive oil. Other common toppings include anchovies, peppers, onions, mushrooms, ham, and sausage. The pizza is then cooked for an additional 60-90 seconds.
Neapolitan pizza has a soft, chewy crust and a slightly charred flavor from the high cooking temperature. The pizza should be eaten with a fork and knife due to its softness. Neapolitan pizza is traditionally served in individual-sized portions.
If you are looking for a truly authentic pizza experience, try a Neapolitan pizza the next time you are in Naples, Italy or at a pizzeria that specializes in this type of pizza.
Types Of Neapolitan Pizza
Neapolitan pizza is a style of pizza that originated in Naples, Italy. It is made with a thin and crispy dough, and is topped with fresh tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
There are many different types of Neapolitan pizza, each with its own unique flavor. Some of the most popular types include:
– Margherita Pizza: This type of pizza is named after Queen Margherita of Savoy, who was said to be a big fan of this simple yet delicious dish. It is made with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and basil leaves.
– Marinara Pizza: This type of pizza is typically made with tomato sauce, garlic, oregano, and olives. It is named after the Italian word for “seafarer,” as it was originally a popular dish among sailors.
– Quattro Stagioni Pizza: This type of pizza is divided into four sections, each representing one of the four seasons. It is typically made with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, ham, mushrooms, and artichokes.
– Capricciosa Pizza: This type of pizza is made with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, ham, mushrooms, artichokes, and olives.
– Prosciutto e Funghi Pizza: This type of pizza is made with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, ham, and mushrooms.
No matter which type of Neapolitan pizza you choose, you are sure to enjoy a delicious and authentic Italian meal. Buon appetito!
What Are The Components Of A Neapolitan Pizza?
A Neapolitan pizza is a type of pizza that originated in Naples, Italy. It is made with a thin, crispy crust and topped with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil leaves. The traditional Neapolitan pizza is cooked in a wood-fired oven at a high temperature for a short period of time, which gives it its characteristic charring around the edges.
Now that you know a little bit about Neapolitan pizzas, let’s take a closer look at what makes up this delicious dish.
The Crust: A Neapolitan pizza crust is thin and crispy, yet chewy and fluffy on the inside. It is typically made with Italian “00” flour, water, salt, and yeast.
The Tomato Sauce: The tomato sauce on a Neapolitan pizza is usually made with fresh tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, and basil. It should be thick and flavorful, but not too sweet or acidic.
The Mozzarella: The mozzarella cheese used on a Neapolitan pizza must be made from water buffalo milk and have a soft, creamy texture. It should be white in color with no brown spots.
The Basil: Fresh basil leaves are the final component of a traditional Neapolitan pizza. They should be added just before serving for the best flavor.
Now that you know all about the components of a Neapolitan pizza, why not try making one at home? With the right ingredients and a little bit of practice, you can make a pizza that is just as good as the ones you would find in Italy!
Neapolitan vs Sicilian pizza: Which Should You Choose? Keep reading…
What Is Sicilian Pizza?
There are many different types of pizza, and Sicilian pizza is just one of them. This type of pizza originates from Sicily, Italy and is made with a thick crust that is square or rectangular in shape. The toppings on Sicilian pizza are typically very simple, consisting of fresh tomatoes, onions, olives, and sometimes anchovies. Cheese is also often used as a topping, but it is not as common as the other toppings mentioned.
One thing that sets Sicilian pizza apart from other types of pizzas is the fact that it is usually baked in a pan that has been oiled or greased. This helps to create a crispy crust on the outside while still keeping the inside of the pizza nice and soft. Sicilian pizza is often served as a main course, but it can also be cut into smaller pieces and served as an appetizer or side dish.
The first documented mention of Sicilian pizza dates back to a 18th-century document from Palermo. In it, an innkeeper called Francesco Leonardi describes adding tomato sauce to flatbreads. This new dish became popular among the city’s sailors and soon spread to other parts of Italy and beyond. Today, Sicilian pizza is enjoyed all over the world. It can be found in pizzerias, restaurants, and even some home kitchens.
If you are looking for a delicious and authentic Sicilian pizza, then you will need to find a good recipe. There are many different recipes available online, in cookbooks, and even in some restaurants. Once you have found a recipe that you like, it is important to follow it closely so that you can create the perfect Sicilian pizza.
Types Of Sicilian Pizza
As you may know, Sicilian pizza is a bit different than what you may be used to. Here are some of the most popular types of Sicilian pizza:
– Pizza alla Norma: This type of Sicilian pizza is named after the opera Norma by Vincenzo Bellini. It is typically made with a tomato and eggplant sauce, fresh basil, and ricotta cheese.
– Pizza Margherita: This type of Sicilian pizza is named after Queen Margherita of Savoy. It is typically made with a tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil.
– Pizza Capricciosa: This type of Sicilian pizza is typically made with a tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, ham, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and olives.
– Pizza Quattro Stagioni: This type of Sicilian pizza is typically made with a tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, ham, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, olives, and peppers.
– Pizza Marinara: This type of Sicilian pizza is typically made with a tomato sauce, garlic, oregano, and olive oil.
– Pizza Bianca: This type of Sicilian pizza is typically made without a tomato sauce, but instead with olive oil, garlic, and oregano.
What Are The Components Of A Sicilian Pizza?
A Sicilian pizza is a type of pizza that originates from Sicily, Italy. It is usually made with a thick crust and has a square or rectangular shape. The toppings on a Sicilian pizza typically include tomatoes, onions, anchovies, olives, and cheese.
The dough for a Sicilian pizza is usually very thick and dense, which helps to hold up the toppings and keep the pizza from getting soggy. The crust is typically not as crispy as other types of pizza crusts, but it should still be cooked all the way through.
When it comes to toppings, there are no hard-and-fast rules for what goes on a Sicilian pizza. However, some of the most common toppings include tomatoes, onions, anchovies, olives, and cheese. You can really put anything you want on a Sicilian pizza, so feel free to get creative!
If you’re looking for a delicious and authentic Sicilian pizza, be sure to check out your local pizzeria. You may even be able to find a place that specializes in Sicilian-style pizza. Buon appetito!
Neapolitan Vs Sicilian Pizza Comparison
– Neapolitan vs Sicilian pizza: Neapolitan pizza is made with a thin and soft crust, while Sicilian pizza has a thick and chewy crust.
– Neapolitan pizza is cooked in a wood-fired oven at a high temperature, while Sicilian pizza is baked in a brick oven at a lower temperature.
– Neapolitan pizza is typically topped with tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil, while Sicilian pizza is often topped with sausage, peppers, and onions.
– Neapolitan vs Sicilian pizza: Neapolitan pizza is typically round in shape, while Sicilian pizza is rectangular or square.
– Neapolitan pizza originated in Naples, Italy, while Sicilian pizza originated in Sicily, Italy.
– Neapolitan pizza is considered to be one of the best pizzas in the world, while Sicilian pizza is often compared to New York-style pizza.
– Neapolitan vs Sicilian pizza: Neapolitan pizza is typically more expensive than Sicilian pizza.
– Neapolitan vs Sicilian pizza: Neapolitan pizza is often considered to be healthier than Sicilian pizza because it is cooked at a higher temperature and has a thinner crust.
– Neapolitan pizza can be found in many restaurants around the world, while Sicilian pizza is less common.
– Some people prefer Neapolitan pizza because of its authentic taste, while others prefer Sicilian pizza because of its thick crust and hearty toppings.
Neapolitan vs Sicilian pizza: Which pizza do you prefer? Neapolitan or Sicilian? Let us know in the comments!
Which Type Of Pizza Is Better?
It is hard to choose between Neapolitan and Sicilian pizza. They are both delicious in their own way. Here is a comparison of the two types of pizza to help you decide which one is better.
Neapolitan pizza originated in Naples, Italy. The dough is made with wheat flour, water, salt, and yeast. It is then formed into a thin disk and cooked in a wood-fired oven at a high temperature for 60-90 seconds. This results in a soft, chewy crust with charred bubbles. The toppings are typically simple, such as tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, basil leaves, and olive oil.
Sicilian pizza also originated in Italy but in the Sicily region. It is similar to Neapolitan pizza in that it has a thin crust. However, the dough is made with semolina flour, water, salt, and yeast. It is then formed into a thick disk and cooked in a metal pan at a lower temperature for 2-3 minutes. This results in a crispier crust. The toppings are also typically more robust, such as tomatoes, onions, olives, anchovies, and herbs.
So, which type of pizza is better? It really depends on your personal preference. If you like a soft, chewy crust with simple toppings, then Neapolitan pizza is probably better for you. If you prefer a crispier crust with more robust toppings, then Sicilian pizza is probably a better choice. No matter what your preference is, you can’t go wrong with either type of pizza!
How To Make Neapolitan Pizza At Home?
How To Make Neapolitan Pizza At Home?
Making Neapolitan pizza at home is easier than you might think! All you need is a few simple ingredients and a bit of time to let the dough rise. Once you’ve got your dough ready, it’s simply a matter of rolling it out, adding your toppings, and baking. In just a few minutes, you’ll have a delicious pizza that’s perfect for any occasion!
If you’re looking for the perfect pizza dough recipe, we’ve got you covered. This easy-to-follow guide will walk you through everything you need to know about making Neapolitan pizza dough, from start to finish. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, this guide will help you create pizzas that are crispy, chewy, and full of flavor. So let’s get started!
Ingredients and Quantities:
-1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
-1 tablespoon sugar
-1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
-4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
-1 tablespoon salt
-1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for greasing the bowl
-All-purpose flour, for dusting the pizza peel
– In a large bowl, combine the yeast, sugar, and lukewarm water. Stir until the yeast has dissolved.
– Add the flour and salt, and stir until well combined. Gradually add the olive oil while stirring.
– Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes, until it’s smooth and elastic.
– Grease a large bowl with olive oil and place the dough in the bowl. Cover with a damp towel or plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for about 2 hours, until it has doubled in size.
– Once the dough has doubled in size, turn it out onto a floured surface and divide into 4 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a ball.
– Place the dough balls on a floured baking sheet, cover with a damp towel or plastic wrap, and let rest for 30 minutes.
– Preheat the oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit (245 degrees Celsius).
– If you’re using a baking stone, place it in the oven to preheat.
– Dust a pizza peel with flour. To shape the pizza, gently stretch or roll out one of the dough balls into a 12-inch (30-cm) circle. If the dough springs back, let it rest for 5 minutes before trying again.
– Transfer the dough to the prepared pizza peel. Spread about 1/2 cup of tomato sauce over the surface of the dough and top with your desired toppings.
– Slide the pizza onto the baking stone or bake on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
– Repeat with the remaining pizzas. Let the pizzas cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Tips To Make Your Own Neapolitan Pizza
If you want to make your own Neapolitan pizza, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, the dough should be thin and crispy. Second, the sauce should be made with fresh tomatoes and third, the toppings should be simple and not too heavy. Here are some tips to help you make the perfect Neapolitan pizza:
– Make sure the dough is thin and crispy. The best way to achieve this is to use a pizzeria-style pizza dough or a bread machine dough. If you’re using a bread machine, set it on the “dough” setting.
– The sauce should be made with fresh tomatoes. If you can’t find fresh tomatoes, you can use canned tomatoes, but make sure to drain them well.
– The toppings should be simple and not too heavy. Some of the most popular toppings for Neapolitan pizza include fresh mozzarella, basil, and Parmesan cheese.
– Bake the pizza at a high temperature. The ideal temperature for baking pizza is between 425 and 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Let the pizza cool before serving. This will help the crust stay crispy.
Following these tips, you’ll be able to make your own delicious Neapolitan pizza right at home!
How To Make Sicilian Pizza At Home?
Have you ever wanted to make Sicilian pizza at home? It’s actually not as difficult as you might think! With a few simple ingredients and some easy-to-follow instructions, you can make delicious Sicilian pizza right in your own kitchen.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Sicilian pizza at home:
– 1 pound of Italian sausage
– 1/2 cup of pizza sauce
– 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
– 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
– 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
– 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
– 1 pre-made 12-inch pizza crust
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
– In a medium skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until it is browned and crumbly. Drain any excess grease and set the sausage aside.
– In a small bowl, mix together the pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, oregano, and garlic powder.
– Spread the pizza sauce mixture over the pre-made pizza crust.
– Top with the cooked sausage and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Tips To Make Your Own Neapolitan Pizza
There are three main types of pizza – Neapolitan, New York style, and Chicago deep dish. While all three are delicious in their own way, there’s something special about a perfectly made Neapolitan pizza. The key to making a great Neapolitan pizza is all in the dough. Once you have the dough down, the rest is easy.
Here are some tips for making your own Neapolitan pizza:
– Use a high quality 00 flour. This type of flour is milled very fine and will give you the best results.
– Use fresh yeast or active dry yeast that has been dissolved in water. This will ensure that your dough rises properly.
– Knead the dough for at least 10 minutes to get a smooth, elastic consistency.
– Allow the dough to rise in a warm place for at least 2 hours. This will give it time to develop flavor and structure.
– When you’re ready to bake, preheat your oven to as high as it will go – at least 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Stretch or roll out your dough into a thin circle and place it on a well-floured pizza peel.
– Add your favorite toppings and slide it onto a preheated pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven.
– Bake for 3-5 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
FAQs About Neapolitan Vs Sicilian Pizza
What Is Special About Neapolitan Pizza?
Neapolitan pizza is a type of pizza that originated in Naples, Italy. It is made with a thin and crispy dough, and it is typically topped with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil. Neapolitan pizza has a long history, and it is considered to be one of the most authentic pizzas available. There are many reasons why Neapolitan pizza is so special, but some of the most notable ones include its unique flavor, its traditional toppings, and its simple ingredients.
One of the things that makes Neapolitan pizza so special is its unique flavor. The dough is made with a combination of flour, water, salt, and yeast, and it is cooked in a wood-fired oven. This gives the pizza a unique flavor that is different from any other type of pizza. The dough is also very thin, which allows the flavor of the toppings to come through.
Another reason why Neapolitan pizza is special is its traditional toppings. Unlike other types of pizza, Neapolitan pizza is typically topped with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil. This combination of toppings creates a delicious and well-balanced pizza.
Finally, Neapolitan pizza is special because of its simple ingredients. Unlike many other types of pizza, Neapolitan pizza only uses a few ingredients. This allows the flavor of the dough and the toppings to shine through.
Neapolitan vs Sicilian pizza: Neapolitan pizza is a truly special type of pizza. It has a unique flavor, traditional toppings, and simple ingredients. If you are looking for an authentic and delicious pizza, then Neapolitan pizza is the way to go.
What Do You Look For In A Neapolitan Pizza?
What makes a great Neapolitan pizza? It’s all about the dough. A good Neapolitan pizza dough is light, airy, and has a slightly chewy texture. It should be cooked in a wood-fired oven, which gives it a unique flavor. The toppings are also important. A classic Neapolitan pizza has a simple tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella cheese. However, there are many variations of this classic dish that you can find in different parts of Italy.
If you’re looking for the best Neapolitan pizza, here are some things to keep in mind:
– The Dough
As we mentioned before, the dough is one of the most important aspects of a great Neapolitan pizza. A good dough should be light and airy, with a slightly chewy texture. It should also be cooked in a wood-fired oven, which gives it a unique flavor.
– The Toppings
The toppings are also important. A classic Neapolitan pizza has a simple tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella cheese. However, there are many variations of this classic dish that you can find in different parts of Italy. For example, some pizzas may have additional toppings such as ham, mushrooms, or onions.
– The Sauce
The sauce is another important element of a great Neapolitan pizza. A good sauce should be made with fresh tomatoes and have a slightly sweet taste.
– The Cheese
The cheese is also an important part of a Neapolitan pizza. The best cheese to use is fresh mozzarella, which has a soft and creamy texture.
– The Oven
As we mentioned before, the dough should be cooked in a wood-fired oven. This gives it a unique flavor that you can’t get from cooking it in a regular oven.
Neapolitan vs Sicilian pizza: If you keep these things in mind, you’re sure to find a great Neapolitan pizza that you’ll love!
What Type Of Oven Is Used For Neapolitan Pizza?
If you’re a fan of Neapolitan pizza, then you know that it’s all about the dough. This type of pizza is characterized by its thin, crispy crust and its signature chewy texture. And in order to get that perfect crust, you need to cook your pizza in a special type of oven.
So, what type of oven is used for Neapolitan pizza? It’s called a wood-fired oven, and it’s specifically designed to cook pizzas at extremely high temperatures. This allows the dough to cook quickly and evenly, resulting in that signature thin crust.
If you’re looking to make Neapolitan pizza at home, then you’ll need to invest in a wood-fired oven (or build one yourself!). But don’t worry – it’s worth it. After all, there’s nothing quite like a freshly-made pizza straight from the oven.
So there you have it! Now you know what type of oven is used for Neapolitan pizza. Bon appetit!
What Is Special About Sicilian Pizza?
Sicilian pizza is a type of pizza that is made with a thick crust and square shape. It is also characterized by its use of fresh ingredients, including tomatoes, onions, olives, and herbs. This type of pizza is said to have originated in the city of Palermo on the island of Sicily.
One of the things that makes Sicilian pizza so special is its use of fresh ingredients. The tomatoes used in this type of pizza are typically grown in the volcanic soil of Mt. Etna, which is said to give them a unique flavor. The olives used in Sicilian pizza are also grown in Sicily, and they are known for their intense flavor.
Another thing that makes Sicilian pizza special is its thick crust. The dough for this type of pizza is typically made with semolina flour, which gives it a unique texture and flavor. The dough is also slow-baked in a brick oven, which helps to create the signature thick and chewy crust.
Finally, Sicilian pizza is also characterized by its square shape. This shape is said to have originated from the need to fit more slices into a baking pan. The square shape also allows for more toppings to be added to the pizza, which is another reason why this type of pizza is so popular.
Whether you’re looking for a new type of pizza to try or you’re just curious about what makes Sicilian pizza so special, these are some of the things that make this dish unique. Sicilian pizza is truly a one-of-a-kind experience that everyone should try at least once.
Why Do They Call It Sicilian Pizza?
The answer may surprise you, but Sicilian pizza actually has very little to do with Sicily. In fact, the dish was created in the United States by Italian-American immigrants. Sicilian pizza is characterized by its thick, doughy crust and rectangular shape. It is typically topped with tomato sauce, cheese, and a variety of other toppings such as sausage, peppers, or onions.
So why is it called Sicilian pizza? Well, there are a few theories. One theory is that the pizza was named after the island of Sicily because it is shaped like the island. Another theory is that the name came about because Sicilian immigrants were some of the first to bring pizza to the United States. Regardless of its origins, Sicilian pizza has become a popular dish in the United States, and it is sure to please any pizza lover!
What Do You Look For In A Sicilian Pizza?
When it comes to pizza, there is no shortage of options. But when you’re looking for the best Sicilian pizza, there are a few key things to look for.
First, you want to make sure that the pizza dough is thick and hearty. This will ensure that your pizza is satisfying and filling.
Next, you want to make sure that the sauce is flavorful and zesty. The best Sicilian pizzas are made with fresh tomatoes, so be sure to ask about the sauce before you order.
Finally, you want to make sure that the toppings are plentiful and varied. The best Sicilian pizzas are topped with fresh vegetables, meats, and cheeses. Be sure to ask about the toppings before you order to make sure you’re getting what you want.
Neapolitan vs Sicilian pizza – When you keep these things in mind, you’re sure to find the best Sicilian pizza for your next meal.
Is Sicilian Pizza Healthier Than Regular?
We all know that pizza is not the healthiest food out there. But what about Sicilian pizza? Is it any healthier than regular pizza?
The short answer is: no, Sicilian pizza is not necessarily healthier than regular pizza. However, it all depends on the ingredients used and how it is prepared.
Traditional Sicilian pizza is made with a thicker crust, which means it has more dough. And more dough means more carbohydrates and calories. So, if you’re looking for a low-carb or low-calorie option, Sicilian pizza is not for you.
However, Sicilian pizza does have some redeeming qualities. For one, it is typically made with fresh, high-quality ingredients. And two, the thick crust means that there is less sauce and cheese, which means less fat.
So, if you’re looking for a pizza that is higher in quality and lower in calories and fat, Sicilian pizza might be a good option for you. Just be sure to check the ingredients list to make sure you’re getting what you want.
>>> See more: Pizza: Neapolitan vs. New York style – Enzo Coccia and Tony Gemignani
Conclusion paragraph: In the end, it is up to you to decide which type of pizza you prefer. Both Neapolitan vs Sicilian pizzas have their own unique qualities that make them special. If you are looking for a classic pizza experience with a thick crust and lots of cheese, then Sicilian is the way to go. But if you want something light and airy with a crispy crust, Neapolitan is the better option. No matter which type of pizza you choose, just be sure to enjoy every bite!